Thursday, December 3, 2015

Internship Post 4

I love my internship and because I do, I can say that I put a lot of effort into finding quality information to share with them. This sourcing and searching takes a lot of time...a lot more time than I assumed it would at the beginning of my internship. I find that sometimes it leaks into my regular life. Though I document my physical work with them on my progress report, I feel like I am always working to find better and better arts information to share with them. My coordinator really likes my finds (she calls my work "gems") and all the positive feedback and reinforcement makes me want to work harder. I don't mind working when I feel that my hard work is noticed. I feel like I'm the kind of person that works best when I get consistent and regular feedback, whether it is good or bad. I just like to know how I'm doing and how I can improve. Lately, in my real (paying work not internship) job, which I used to enjoy, we only get feedback when we're not doing enough. That doesn't motivate me to work because even if I see my growth, if my company doesn't, I feel unappreciated. I don't think you should have to bring up your accomplishments to your boss. At CourseWorld, I get the feedback I crave and so when I find something I think that they would benefit from, Im excited to share it with them whether its at 3am or 2pm because I know they are grateful for my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment