Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Internship Post 8

As my final post on my journey as an intern, I just want to reflect on my experience as a whole. When I first started applying for internships, I was really nervous that nobody would be interested in my profile. I was applying for multiple internships daily. I think the worst feeling was not hearing back after applying. I'd much rather get an email back saying that I was not a match or that thae positions were filled rather than not hearing anything at all. Also, a little disheartening was the location of a lot of the internships that I was most interested in. I found that many of the more intriguing ones were far away. It would cost quite a lot to  intern for free at those places. It took a few days of applying to multiple internships before I heard anything back. The interview process was not bad and I actually really enjoyed talking to the recruiter though I was still very nervous, especially since I was on a time constraint to find an internship. I was unofficially offered the internship on the spot though I didn't get my formal letter and welcome packet/handbook for a few days afterward and didn't begin work for about a week or two after that. The work is pretty self explanatory and it is fulfilling because I know my work is helping toward giving someone else education in art. I've learned a lot about my personal likes and dislikes working in the art field. Overall it has been a great experience and I'm a little sad that my work with the company is coming to a close. I look forward to working in the art world and I want to thank my intern coordinators for this eye-opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment